If you're not familiar with today's song, you can hear it here.
1) This song takes place on "the third of June," which is described as "another sleepy, dusty" day. Describe the weather where you were on Friday, June 3, 2016. Cloudy, and humid.
2) In this song, the family sits down to eat, and discuss the doings of their friends and neighbors. Mama, Papa, Brother, and Sister were at the table. Who did you have dinner with on Friday? My husband
3) Young Billie Joe MacAllister, playfully put a frog down another kid's back. Do you see many frogs where you live? No
4) This song made Mississippi's Tallahatchie Bridge famous. What's the name of a bridge in your neighborhood? Walnut Street Bridge
5) Bobbie Gentry often performed with Glen Campbell. Mr. Campbell's family is very open about Glen's battle with Alzheimer's. Is anyone in your life facing this terrible disease? My mother was in the early stages of Alzheimers
6) "Ode to Billie Joe" was made into a movie directed by Max Baer, Jr. Mr. Baer is better known for playing Jethro Bodine in a famous 1960s era sitcom. Can you name it? Beverely Hillbillies
7) Bobbie Gentry made one of her last public appearances in 1981 on The Tonight Show with Johnny Carson. Johnny is now seen in reruns on the Antenna TV channel. Think of the last TV show you watched. Was it new, or was it a rerun? New
8) In 1967, when this song was popular, Sweden changed its traffic laws, and Swedes began driving on the right. Have you ever driven in a foreign country? If so, did you have a hard time adapting to their laws? Never driven in a foreign country
9) Random question: Which would you rather have more of -- compliments or hugs? Hugs