In addition to a primary care provider, your health care team may include
- an endocrinologist for more specialized diabetes care
- a dietitian, a nurse, or a certified diabetes educator—experts who can provide information about managing diabetes
- a counselor or mental health professional
- a pharmacist
- a dentist
- an ophthalmologist, or an optometrist for eye care
- a podiatrist for foot care
Talk with your doctor about what vaccines and immunizations, or shots, you should get to keep from getting sick. Preventing illness, is an important part of taking care of your diabetes.
When you see members of your health care team, ask lots of questions. Prepare a list of questions before your visit. Be sure you understand everything you need to know,
about taking care of your diabetes.